Islamic Banking Certification Program
A comprehensive training program that covers all important aspects of Islamic banking including Asset and liability products, Underlying Shariah rules, New developments, AAOIFI’s Shariah Standards and challenges/opportunities offered by Islamic banking. This Program has met a great response by Islamic banks due to powerful learning contents and trainers quality.
To develop leaders in the Islamic banking industry, we are currently concentrating on the following areas to impart practical knowledge for everyday challenges faced by industry.
Dr. Mufti Khalil Ahmed Aazami
Chairman Shariah Board, Bank Alfalah Islamic
- Mufti Khalil Ahmad Aazami is a renowned Shari’ah Scholar in Islamic Banking industry. He is currently serving as Chairman Shari’ah Board of Bank Alfalah. He obtained Shahadat-ul-Aalamia (Masters in Arabic and Islamic Studies) and Al-T’akhassus fi al-Iftaa’ (Specialization in Islamic Jurisprudence and Fatwa) from Jamia Darul Uloom, Karachi and holds a Doctorate degree in Islamic Jurisprudence from Karachi University.
- He has also served as an Advisor & Shari’ah Board Member in different financial institutions including Takaful Pakistan Limited (2005-2014) and Alfalah GHP Islamic Fund (2007-2014).
- Dr. Aazami has 18 years of research experience related to Islamic Finance and other Shari’ah related subjects. He is an author of numerous publications. He is also an experienced lecturer and trainer in the field of Islamic Finance, Economics, Fiqh, Islamic Financial Laws and General Islamic Science. He is involved as Faculty member, – Jamia Darul Uloom, Karachi since 1999 and has been associated with the Centre For Islamic Economics, Karachi, National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF) – SBP and Sheikh Zaid Islamic Research Centre – University of Karachi.
Mufti Mohib-ul-Haq Siddiqui
Chairman Shariah Board, Faysal Bank
- Specializes in the field of Fiqh with further focus on Fiqh ul Muaamlaat (Islamic Financial Jurisprudence) and Islamic finance with substantial and diversified experience in the field of more than 15 years.
- Currently serving as Chairman Shariah Board Faysal Bank (subsidiary of Ithimaar Bank BSC), Member Shariah Board Bank Alfalah Pakistan and Bank AlHabib Pakistan. Has also served as Member Shariah Board, Royal Bank of Scotland, Berhad Malaysia.
- Mufti Mohib has served as member of committees of State Bank of Pakistan for Shari’ah review, standardization of Islamic products and processes and formalization of AAOIFI Shari’ah standards for Pakistani banking industry.
- Experienced lecturer of Dar ul Uloom and renowned trainer in the field of Islamic finance, Fiqh, Islamic aspects of Economics, Shari’ah Compliance and audit mechanism, Islamic financial law and general Islamic sciences and studies.
Dr. Zeeshan Ahmed
Dean, Karachi School of Business and Leadership (KSBL)
- Dr. Zeeshan is Dean and Assistant Professor at Karachi School of Business and Leadership (KSBL). Prior to joining KSBL, he was heading the undergraduate program at Suleman Dawood School of Business, LUMS, Lahore.
- Dr. Zeeshan has over 20 years of diverse experience in teaching, training, consulting and research. He completed his PhD from Mississippi State University, US in Finance. He also has professional qualification of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Chartered Public Accountant (CPA).
- There are several areas in which Dr. Zeeshan has designed and conducted executive training workshops. Some notable mentions are Finance for Non-Financial Managers, Corporate Financial Management, Management Development Program, Understanding Corporate Financial Statements, Islamic Finance, and Accounting for Executives.
- Dr. Zeeshan serves on the Board of Institute of Financial Markets Pakistan (IFMP) SECP, CPD Committee of Institute of Chartered Accountants Pakistan (ICAP) and Academic council of IBA Centre for Excellence in Islamic Finance (CEIF).
Mufti Abdullah Najeeb Siddiqui
Resident Shariah Board Member, Al Baraka Bank Pakistan Ltd
- Islamic Financial Jurisprudence expert having 12 years of experience with various reputable financial institutions. Currently serving as Resident Shariah Board Member Al Baraka Bank Pakistan
- He has also served as Shariah advisor with Swiss ReTakaful. His areas of interest include Islamic banking, Takaful and Mutual funds
- Mufti Abdullah Najeeb is also serving as Member, local chapter of AAOIFI in Pakistan
- Provided Shariah-related support in the merger of Emirates Global Bank with Al Baraka Bank in 2010 and later acquisition of Burj Bank by Al Baraka Bank in 2016
- He conducts regular coaching classes at Centre of Islamic Economics, Dar ul Uloom Karachi and has strong experience in teaching various aspects of Islamic finance.
Mr Arshil Rafique Balagamwala
Islamic Banking practitioner & Expert
- Mr Arshil has 20 years of banking experience in the field of profit distribution, treasury, product development and Information technology. He is a well-known trainer specializing in Liability management of IFIs and Pool management. He is currently working with Faysal Bank at a senior position.
- He holds ACCA qualification and Post graduate Diploma in Islamic Finance from Dar ul Uloom in Islamic Finance. He is qualified from NIBAF, State Bank of Pakistan.
- He has conducted various training on Pool management. His coaching style received great appreciation by participants.
Mr Muhammad Faisal Shaikh
Head Islamic Banking, Faysal Bank
- Mr Faisal Shaikh has more than 17 years of experience in Islamic banking. Before his current position, he served as Head of Shariah advisory with Bank Islami Pakistan and Meezan Bank.
- He is an experienced trainer and well respected in Islamic banking circles due to his strong grip on the subject.
- Mr Shaikh holds MBA from IBA Karachi.
Mufti Najeeb Ahmad Khan
Member Shariah Board, Summit Bank
- Mufti Najeeb has a distinguished career in teaching Islamic Law, Islamic Jurisprudence and Sharia Standards. He is currently teaching at Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi.
- He is visiting faculty member of Sheikh Zayed Islamic Centre, University of Karachi and PAF-KIET University.
- Mufti Najeeb has been a Member of Pakistan Quality & Standards Control Authority (PSQCA) Technical Committee on development of Halal Food Standards; Member of Committee on International OIC Halal Standards; Member for numerous committees of State Bank of Pakistan on Islamic Banking and Shariah consultant to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP).
Mr Zia Akhtar
Islamic Banking Practitioner & Shariah Audit Expert
- Zia Akhtar is Chartered Certified Accountant and Certified Internal Auditor with more than 12 years of experience in Shariah Audit. He is an expert in developing Shariah control clusters and Risk based auditing.
- Zia is member of working group of AAOIFI for the development of Internal Audit Shariah Standards.
- Zia is considered one of the best in Shariah audit. He regularly holds training sessions which are based on practical approach to day to day audit challenges.
Understanding prevalent practices of profit and loss computation that impact the return for depositor under Mudaraba arrangement. The course is designed to cover practical aspects of developing controls to ensure Shariah compliance.
An hands-on approach in implementing effective, comprehensive and robust Shariah control mechanism. Exclusively designed course to provide practical knowledge to comprehend challenges in Shariah audit, compliance and governance.
With the growth of Islamic banking, need for Shariah compliant trade finance solutions is on the rise. Various modes of short term financing under permissible Islamic modes and documentary credit are adequately covered in the backdrop of relevant ICC rules.
Carefully designed training to impart knowledge of risk formation in Islamic financing modes. Covers investigation on external and internal factors that affect liquidity of bank and could result in lower return on investment.